The Barrett-Jackson Scottsdale Auction 2014 will be held January 12-19 at the all-new WestWorld facility in Scottsdale, Arizona. More than 1,000 classics, exotics, muscle cars, hot rods, resto-mods and more will cross the auction block at no reserve during the 43rd annual automotive lifestyle event.
The 2014 auction marks the return of the company’s 5000 Series, which includes the Salon Collection and features approximately 85 automobiles. On Saturday, January 18th, the Salon Collection will be offered live between 1-3 p.m. MST on FOX. This segment will be called “A tribute to Americana.” The Salon Collection will resume from 5-7 p.m. MST and will be shown on the National Geographic Channel.
One of the highlight offerings is Lot #5022, the 1969 Chevrolet Corvette #57 Rebel Convertible that was one of only four factory lightweight L88 prototypes built. The only example ordered with a dual disc clutch, the Rebel was the first IMSA over 2-Liter champion in 1971, in addition to winning its class at the 1972 Daytona 24 Hours and Sebring 12 Hours. Offered from the Edward Foss Collection, the famed race car is well-documented and includes owner history, original dealer invoice, original log book and more. Restored to its winning 1972 Sebring trim, the NCRS American Heritage Award-winning #57 Rebel Corvette has been displayed at the National Corvette Museum, Bloomington Gold Special Collection and Corvettes at Carlisle.
Other notable consignments at the 2013 Barrett-Jackson Scottsdale sale include Lot #5053, a 1939 Alfa Romeo 6C 2500 Sport Touring Berlinetta, winner of the Best Pre-War Alfa Romeo at the 2012 Quail Motorsports Gathering, a 1929 Duesenberg SJ LeBaron Dual Cowl Phaeton (Lot #5048), one of 24 originally built with a supercharged engine, and a 1955 Mercedes-Benz 300SL Gullwing (Lot #5044).
“After concluding a successful 2013 auction season, we’re very happy to continue the momentum by offering such a high caliber of automobiles at our worldwide stage in Scottsdale,” said Craig Jackson, Chairman and CEO of Barrett-Jackson. “For more than four decades we’ve been offering the world’s most valuable, collectible and coveted cars and we’re proud to continue that tradition. With the Salon Collection offering in its third year, enthusiasts and collectors will once again experience the high quality offerings they expect from Barrett-Jackson.” (See Barrett-Jackson Salon Collection Digital Catalog)
Additional Barrett-Jackson Salon Collection offerings:
- Lot #5035 1967 Chevrolet Corvette L88 Coupe
- Lot #5040 1970 Plymouth Barracuda Hot Wheels “Snake” Funny Car
- Lot #5041 1972 Plymouth Duster Hot Wheels “Mongoose” Funny Car
- Lot #5042 1967 Dodge D-700 Hot Wheels “Snake” Ramp Truck
- Lot #5043 1967 Dodge D-700 Hot Wheels “Mongoose” Ramp Truck
- Lot #5051 1947 Delahaye 135 Cabriolet
- Lot #5057 1927 Mercedes-Benz 640K Drophead Coupe Sport Touring
- Lot #5060 1929 Rolls-Royce Springfield Phantom l Brewster Ascot Phaeton
- Lot #5063 1963 Shelby Cooper Monaco King Cobra
- Lot #5066 1954 Plymouth Belmont Convertible Concept Car
- Lot #5069 1955 Talbot-Lago T26 Grand Sport GSL Coupe
- Lot #5072 1991 Ferrari F40 2 Door Coupe
For more information or to purchase event tickets, visit www.barrett-jackson.com or call (480) 421-6694.