The Ferrari Classiche department in Maranello “sympathetically restored” a Ferrari 212 Export Vignale to its former glory. The car has an unusual history. It was built in April 1951, then sold that May to Antonio Mambretti Sozogni Juva and a month later it was sold again to Duke Cesare d’Acquarone.
The Duke of Acquarone opted for a radical change of bodywork at the end of 1951. The car, which was originally a hardtop, was transformed into a Barchetta by Vignale. In 1957 it changed hands again, bought by an enthusiast from Padua, whose son recently sold the car to a Brazilian collector. In recent years, the 212 Export has been a regular competitor in the historic Mille Miglia.
The car has undergone a total ground-up rebuild, restored to the way it was transformed at the end of 1951 and it is now ready to be returned to its owner. However, the handover will take place in April 2015, as the owner has agreed to the 212 being displayed in the Maranello Museum for a couple of months.
1951 Ferrari 212 Export Vignale – Photo Gallery
[Source: Ferrari SpA]