The Mecum Auctions Anaheim 2014 sale was held November 13-15 at the Anaheim Convention Center in California, resulting in $15,238,429 in total sales. The results represented the top-grossing Mecum auction in that locale since the event’s inception in 2012.
With 758 cars offered during the three-day event, the top sale at the Mecum Anaheim 2014 auction went to a 1965 Ferrari 275 GTB (Lot S166.1) that hammered at $2.15 million. With known ownership history since new, this short nose example was restored in 1999 to as-original specifications with a 3.3-liter engine and a five-speed gearbox. With a Rosso Corso exterior and two-tone tan leather interior, the Ferrari’s presentation earned it a Silver award at the Ferrari Club of America National Concours.
The remainder of the top 10 sales list reflected the variety of makes that was represented at the Mecum Anaheim 2014 auction with Porsche, Plymouth, Buick, Cadillac and more making the cut including all three Ford GTs that crossed the auction block falling in line as second, third and fourth in top sales. In all, eighteen cars broke six-figures with examples from nearly every category of automotive collectability.
Mecum Anaheim 2014 – Top Ten Auction Results (all sales reflect hammer prices):
1. 1965 Ferrari 275 GTB Short Nose (Lot S166.1) – $2,150,000
2. 2006 Ford GT Heritage Edition (Lot S155.1) – $375,000
3. 2005 Ford GT (Lot S101.1) – $340,000
4. 2005 Ford GT (Lot S106.1) – $250,000
5. 1953 Cadillac Eldorado Convertible (Lot S137) – $210,000
6. 1994 Porsche 911 Speedster (Lot S117.1) – $175,000
7. 1954 Buick Skylark Convertible (Lot S117) – $132,500
8. 1970 Plymouth Superbird (Lot S96) – $127,500
9. 1963 Volkswagen 23 Window Microbus (Lot S180.1) – $125,000
10. 1968 Ford Shelby GT500KR Convertible (Lot S126) – $122,500
For complete auction results, visit Mecum.com.
Mecum’s next 2014 auction will be in Kansas City, Missouri, December 4-6 with an anticipated 750 classic and collector cars to be offered at Bartle Hall in the Kansas City Convention Center. The following weekend will bring Mecum’s newest event in Austin, Texas, set for December 12-13 at the Austin Convention Center featuring an estimated 600-car lineup.
For more information, visit Mecum.com or call (262) 275-5050.