The Mecum Dallas 2016 auction was held November 2-5 at the Kay Bailey Hutchison Convention Center in Dallas, Texas, resulting in $24.6 million in total sales and 73 percent of all lots sold.
Mecum’s Dallas auction kicked off with a large group of vehicles from the collection of Ron MacWhorter, which saw more than $2.4 million worth of collector cars change hands at a near 100 percent sell-through rate.
Jim Fasnacht’s collection of American muscle cars also crossed the auction block at the 2016 Mecum Dallas event, with several landing among the auction’s top sellers including his 1970 Plymouth Hemi Cuda at $260,000 and his 440/375hp V8-equipped 1969 Dodge Daytona bringing $242,500.
In total, 756 cars changed hands in Dallas over four days, with the top result claimed by a 1965 Shelby GT350 Fastback (Lot S120) at $410,000, followed by a 1968 Chevrolet Yenko Camaro RS/SS at $335,000. Other notable results included the 1984 Lamborghini Countach 5000S at $210,000, the 2002 BMW Z8 Roadster at $180,000 and the 1960 Mercedes-Benz 220SE Cabriolet at $102,500.
Mecum Dallas 2016 – Top Ten Auction Results (sales reflect hammer prices)
1. 1965 Shelby GT350 Fastback (Lot S120) – $410,000
2. 1968 Chevrolet Yenko Camaro RS/SS (Lot S107) – $335,000
3. 1970 Plymouth Hemi Cuda (Lot S93) – $260,000
4. 1969 Dodge Daytona (Lot S91) – $242,500
5. 1984 Lamborghini Countach 5000S (Lot F183) – $210,000
6. 2002 BMW Z8 Roadster (Lot S198) – $180,000
6. 1969 Ford Mustang Boss 429 Fastback (Lot S89.1) – $180,000
8. 1970 Plymouth Hemi Cuda (Lot S131) – $112,500
9. 1967 Shelby GT350 Fastback (Lot F100) – $107,000
10. 1960 Mercedes-Benz 220SE Cabriolet (Lot S133.1) – $102,500
For complete auction results, visit Mecum.com.
Mecum’s next collector car auction will be a 750-car offering in Anaheim, California, November 17-19, featuring everything from a 1968 Pontiac Firebird Ram Air I and Ram Air II to a 1961 Ford Thunderbird E-Code and a 2006 Ford GT. The auction house will close out 2016 with an auction in Kansas City, Missouri, December 1-3, and then kick off the New Year with the world’s largest classic and collector car auction in Kissimmee, Florida, January 6-15, featuring 3,000 vehicles headlined by some of the most significant and memorable drag cars ever to rip down the quarter-mile. For more details on an upcoming auction, to consign a vehicle or to register as a bidder, visit Mecum.com or call (262) 275-5050.
[Source: Mecum Auctions]