The Mecum Portland 2016 auction was held June 17-18 at the Portland Expo Center in Oregon, resulting in more than $9.3 million in total sales. With 300 vehicles hammered sold over two days, Mecum’s inaugural Portland auction attracted vehicles from 17 states.
“The people of Portland were extremely welcoming, and the large crowds and strong bidding reflected their enthusiasm,” commented Mecum President and Founder Dana Mecum. “Portland proved to be an excellent city for a Mecum auction, and holding it over Father’s Day weekend gave families looking to celebrate a perfect place to do it.”
Nearly all of the main attractions at the 2016 Mecum Portland 2016 event hammered sold with some high bids far exceeding reserves. The top 10 sellers were dominated by muscle cars, and the auction’s highest seller was a 1965 Shelby GT350 Fastback (Lot S86) that had been with one owner for 38 years. Hammering for $305,000, the car was a clear crowd favorite. Other top sellers included a 1969 Ford Mustang Boss 429 Fastback (Lot S102) with its original engine that brought $240,000 and a 1970 Plymouth Hemi Cuda (Lot S95) that brought $190,000.
Mecum Portland 2016 – Top Ten Auction Results (sales reflect hammer prices)
1. 1965 Shelby GT350 Fastback (Lot S86) – $305,000
2. 1969 Ford Mustang Boss 429 Fastback (Lot S102) – $240,000
3. 1970 Plymouth Hemi Cuda (Lot S95) – $190,000
4. 1967 Chevrolet Corvette Convertible (Lot S122) – $160,000
5. 1968 Chevrolet COPO Nova SS (Lot S116) – $145,000
6. 1968 Shelby GT500 Convertible (Lot S114) – $120,000
7. 1962 Chevrolet Bel Air Z11 Bubble Top (Lot S111) – $110,000
8. 1968 Pontiac GTO Resto Mod (Lot S139) – $105,000
9. 1974 De Tomaso Pantera (Lot S165.1) – $100,000
10. 1966 Chevrolet Corvette Coupe (Lot S131) – $95,000
For complete results, visit Mecum.com.
Mecum Auctions’ next collector car auction will be at the Colorado Convention Center in Denver July 8-9, 2016, featuring 700 vehicles, followed by the July 21-23 auction in Harrisburg, Pennsylvania. For more information on an upcoming auction or to register as a bidder, visit Mecum.com or call (262) 275-5050.