Mecum Auctions held their top fall auction event on September 15-18, 2011, at the Pheasant Run Resort in St. Charles, Illinois, resulting in total sales (excluding buyer’s premium) of more than $12 million and a 55% sell-through rate.
Mecum offered more than 1,000 cars at the 2011 St. Charles sale, the most vehicles ever featured at the event. In addition, the multi-day auction saw record attendance at the Pheasant Run Resort.
A 1969 Ford Mustang Boss 429 Fastback was the auction’s top seller, hammering for $290,000. Documented with two build sheets, two shipping invoices and the window sticker, Kar Kraft #1451 is a well documented early production example topping all sales along with two legendary Yenko street machines on Saturday afternoon.
Mecum St. Charles Auction 2011 – Top 10 Sales (sales reflect hammer price)
1. 1969 Ford Mustang Boss 429 (Lot S109) at $290,000
2. 1969 Chevrolet Yenko Camaro (Lot S102) at $177,500
3. 1969 Chevrolet Yenko Chevelle (Lot S80) at $162,000
4. 1957 Pontiac Bonneville Convertible (Lot S124) at $150,000
5. 1969 Chevrolet COPO Camaro (Lot S170) at $121,000
6. 1971 Plymouth Hemi Cuda (Lot S94) at $112,500
7. 1969 Pontiac GTO Judge Ram Air IV (Lot F232) at $102,000
8. 1958 Chevrolet Corvette Convertible (Lot S91) at $100,000
9. 1957 Oldsmobile 98 Convertible (Lot S96) at $95,000
10. 2011 Ford Shelby GT350 (Lot S190) at $90,000
Complete results from the 2011 Mecum St. Charles Auction are available at www.Mecum.com. Up next for Mecum are the Geneva Lake Antique and Classic Boat Auction on September 25, 2011, and the company’s inaugural auction in Texas, which will feature 600 collector cars and motorcycles at the Dallas Convention Center, October 6-8, 2011.
For more information, visit www.Mecum.com or call 815.568.8888.
[Source: Mecum Auctions]