The Mecum Auctions Verde Classics Museum Collection sale was held Saturday, February 23rd, 2013 in Boynton Beach, Florida, resulting in $3,784,520 in total sales. More than 75 collector cars and 470 lots of automobilia from Fran and Ron Green’s personal collection sold during the one-day, no reserve auction.
Vehicles began selling at 1 p.m. on Saturday to a standing room only crowd. The lineup of vehicles at the Mecum Verde Classics Museum Collection sale saw strong bidding, with the top result going to the 1961 Chrysler 300G Convertible at $130,000, followed by the 1967 Volkswagen 13 Window Bus that went home for $100,000 and the 1962 Chevrolet Corvette Convertible that brought $97,000.
The Greens donated all admissions to the museum to their charities of choice, The Wounded Warriors Project and Home for Our Troops. “We were very pleased with the auction results that took place this weekend at our museum. Our expectations were either met or exceeded every step of the way. Mecum did everything they said they would do and then some, and we couldn’t be happier,” Ron Green stated.
Mecum Verde Classics Museum Collection – Top 10 Auction Results (all sales reflect hammer prices)
1. 1961 Chrysler 300G Convertible (Lot S41) – $130,000
2. 1967 Volkswagen 13 Window Bus (Lot S60) – $100,000
3. 1962 Chevrolet Corvette Convertible (Lot S38) – $97,000
4. 1957 DeSoto Adventurer Hardtop (Lot S54) – $92,500
5. 1957 Buick Caballero Wagon (Lot S46) – $89,000
6. 1957 Chevrolet Bel Air Convertible (Lot S43) – $81,000
7. 1962 Chrysler 300H Convertible (Lot S48) – $77,500
8. 1970 Aston Martin DBS Coupe (Lot S24) – $75,000
9. 1959 Chevrolet Impala Convertible (Lot S55) at $70,000
10. 1963 Chevrolet Corvette Convertible (Lot S44) – $69,500
For complete auction results, Mecum.com.
Mecum’s next auction will be held at the Reliant Center in Houston, April 4-6, 2013 followed by the Kansas City, Missouri, Spring Auction, April 25-27, 2013. For more information, visit Mecum.com or call (262) 275-5050.
[Source: Mecum; photo: Sam Murtaugh]