Pinehurst Concours Chairman Bob Ingram will lead a group of 13 board of advisors who have been named to broaden the reach of the classic car showcase that returns to North Carolina’s Pinehurst Resort in May 2014.
“We couldn’t have asked for a better ambassador for our inaugural competition than Mr. Ingram. We’re thrilled he has agreed to continue supporting our dream of building one of the premier events in the country,” said Pinehurst Concours d’Elegance Executive Director Jay Howard. “Our goal in establishing a board of advisors was to expand representation within the local community, and among statewide North Carolina business leaders and national collector car enthusiasts. I believe we’ve done that in spades.”
“We are humbled to have formed a team of some of the most notable names in their respective fields,” added Ingram, a noted Porsche collector and pharmaceutical CEO. “Having so many renowned ‘voices in the room’ will certainly enhance the 2014 competition and fan experience. It is my firm belief that we can build an event in Pinehurst that will be sustained for a long period of years, one that will benefit not only the local Sandhills community but the entire state.”
The Pinehurst Concours will be held May 2-4, 2014, and kick off a celebrated six-week period at Pinehurst Resort, which will also host the 2014 U.S. Open and U.S. Women’s Open Championships in consecutive weeks in mid June.
The inaugural Pinehurst Concours in May 2013 attracted more than 5,000 fans despite rain and unseasonably cool temperatures, and received rave reviews from entrants and collector car enthusiasts across the country.
The following have been named 2014 Pinehurst Concours Board of Advisors (listed in alphabetical order):
- Tommy Bolton: Civilian Aide Senior to the Secretary of the Army.
- Jamie Doyle: Publisher, Sports Car Digest, an award-winning online sports car journal.
- Rory Ingram: Managing Director, Ingram Collection, one of the world’s top privately owned Porsche collections.
- Terry Karges: Executive Director, Los Angeles-based Petersen Automotive Museum, one of the largest automotive museums in the world.
- Randy Leffingwell: Veteran writer for AutoWeek magazine and Los Angeles Times.
- Chad McQueen: Actor and racer. Son of film icon Steve McQueen.
- Bruce Meyer: Noted car collector; Founder, Peterson Automotive Museum.
- Graham Moore: Fort Bragg Area Manager, Barnhill Contracting Co.; Vice Chairman, Bragg Special Activities Committee.
- Tom Pashley: Executive Vice President, Pinehurst Resort.
- Murray Smith: Historic Car Collector and Racing Organizer.
- Freeman Thomas: Director, Strategic Design for Ford Motor Company North America.
- Bill Warner: Founder and CEO, Amelia Island Concours d’Elegance.
- Matt West: Founder and CEO, Intangibles.
Tickets for the 2014 Pinehurst Concours will go on sale November 1st. Visit PinehurstConcours.com to purchase or for additional details.
[Source: Pinehurst Concours]