The debut Rick Cole Auctions Monterey 2014 will be held August 14-17 during Monterey Classic Car Week. The auction of approximately 35 cars will be headquartered at the Marriott Hotel in downtown Monterey.
The headline entries at the Rick Cole Monterey 2014 include a 1955 Ferrari 410 Sport; 1965 Ferrari 275 GTB Competitizione Clienti; 1962 Ferrari 250 GT SWB Berlinetta; 1936 Mercedes-Benz 540K Sport Cabriolet; 1963 Ferrari 250 GT/L Berlinetta Lusso; 1962 Ferrari 250 Pininfarina Cabriolet; 1956 Mercedes-Benz 300SL Coupe; 1962 Mercedes-Benz 300SL Roadster and 1990 Ferrari F40; among others.
The featured 1955 Ferrari 410 Sport is one of the four 410 Sports originally built for the Carrera Panamericana. Delivered new to Tony Parravano, 0592CM was raced for the very first time — and finished 1st overall — at the February Palm Springs road races driven by Carroll Shelby.
A transfer of ownership — only the second fully recorded after 1955 — took place in 2008, when s/n 0592 returned to Europe into a private collection. It had remained there until recently, not having driven a single mile since that acquisition. Serial number 0592CM is being offered publicly for the first time in its 59-year history (Est. Available Upon Request)
In addition to the headline 410 Sport, other notable entries at the inaugural auction include:
- 1962 Ferrari 250 GT SWB Berlinetta, long-term American and European ownership history; Steel body, left hand drive; Same owner last seventeen years (Est. $8,500,000 – $9,000,000)
- 1936 Mercedes-Benz 540K Sport Cabriolet, Sindelfingen Sport Cabriolet A Coachwork, Correct chassis, engine, transmission and body, 100-point restoration at Pebble Beach 1996, Two-Time Historic Monte Carlo Rally Participant (Est. $3,750,000 – $4,750,000)
- 1962 Ferrari 250 GT Pininfarina Cabriolet, Fully restored example to show quality, Classiche Certified (Est. $2,200,000 – $2,400,000)
- 1963 Ferrari 250 GT/L Berlinetta Lusso, original dark blue with bone leather, three-owner car and same owner for 41 years, Full tools, books, and known history (Est. $1,800,000 – $2,100,000)
- 1965 Ferrari 275 GTB Competitizione Clienti, s/n 7477 is one of ten 275 GTBs built as part of Maranello’s effort to homologate the 275 GTB, hidden from public viewing in a private collection for the past twenty-five years, original mileage from new at 9,449 miles, offered publicly for the first time since 1965 (Est. Available Upon Request)
- 1966 Ferrari 275 GTS, third from last 275 GTS built, all original books and records, original Black lacquer with Ivory interior (Est. $1,500,000 – $1,700,000)
- 1956 Mercedes-Benz 300SL Gullwing, Three owners from new and same owner last 30 years, USA model with unbroken provenance, correct engine, Gearbox and body (Est. $1,250,000 – $1,750,000)
- 1962 Mercedes-Benz 300SL Roadster, Three owners from new and same owner last 30 years, older restoration, correct engine, Gearbox and body (Est. $1,400,000 – $1,600,000)
- 1990 Ferrari F40, 1,001 original miles (1,610 km), Previously owned by Bill Cosby, Displayed at Ferrari World Abu Dhabi (Est. Available Upon Request)
- 1973 Ferrari 365 GTB/4 Daytona Coupe, All Books and Tools, Full Documented History, Platinum Award Winner, 5,660 Actual Miles (Est. $850,000 – $950,000)
Bidders participating in the 2014 Rick Cole Monterey Auction will be given the option to place bids in person on the auction site or by smartphone. Complimentary bidder registration is now available in advance of the auction on the web at RickCole.com or similarly by smartphone, iPad or tablet.
In order to enjoy all of the activities of the Monterey week, bidders will be able to place, review and confirm bids from anywhere they are, eliminating the need entirely to sit or stand for hours in a typical live auction venue. Bidders will be able to inspect the automobiles over a four-day display period and place bids regardless of their location or movements.
The auction will be held at the Monterey Marriott hotel in downtown Monterey, California. The auction begins Thursday, August 14, 2014 and bidding will end at 12:00 pm Sunday August 17, 2014. Winning bidders will be announced at 12:00 midnight PST on Sunday, August 17th.
Visit RickCole.com for additional vehicle and bidding information.
[Source: Rick Cole Auctions]