RM Auctions will offer the Dingman Collection during a multi-day sale, June 9-10, 2012 in Hampton, New Hampshire, 50 miles from Boston. The sale is a continuation of RM’s Dingman auction held in 2006.
The collection is the result of many years of acquisition by Michael Dingman, a former Ford Motor Company director for over 21 years. From a series of unique motor cars to the impressive automotive sign collection, the auction will feature nearly 50 automobiles and in excess of 1,000 signs, all lots offered ‘without reserve’.
“Michael Dingman is one of the most dedicated and passionate collectors I’ve ever known,” says Mike Fairbairn, Director and Co-founder, RM Auctions. “In addition, his incredibly high standards have resulted in the finest Ford restorations ever seen!”
For automobile enthusiasts, the Dingman Collection features nearly 50 motor cars, each representing ‘best of category’ examples and reflecting Mr. Dingman’s drive for perfection and quality. A Ford enthusiast’s dream, the offering is representative of Ford’s history and offers an assortment from Ford’s flathead era, with V-8 Fords and Mercurys as well as V-12-powered Lincolns and a number of woodies.
Beyond the automobiles, the Dingman Collection features more than 1,000 neon, tin and porcelain signs, each of which has either been preserved for its originality and patina or submitted to experts for restoration. Spanning the 1930s through 1950s, the offering is largely automotive themed and offers a story about American automotive history.
Feature signs include a Ford “Jubilee” porcelain and neon in pristine condition (est. $20,000-$25,000); Lincoln Zephyr sign presented in blue and white with blue and red neon (est. $15,000-$20,000); neon Ford V8 teardrop sign, the ideal centerpiece for any Ford collection (est. $14,000-$18,000); Coca-Cola neon in red with double stroke neon lettering (est. $10,000-$15,000); and a Mustang Oil sign with glossy finish (est. $5,000-$8,000).
RM Auctions Dingman Collection 2012 – Headline Consignments
RM Auctions Dingman Collection 2012 – Additional Highlights
• Pair of Porsches including a 1992 Porsche 911 Turbo America Roadster, and a 1989 Porsche 911 Speedster, both custom built by Porsche racing specialists to full Turbo specification, and heavily modified with performance equipment (est. $225,000 – $275,000 each);
• Limited-production, 400 horsepower 1986 AC Autokraft MkIV Cobra, finished in British Racing Green with a Roush-built powertrain (est. $125,000-$175,000);
• Single-owner, low-mileage 1989 Aston Martin Vantage Volante presented in triple black livery with a manual transmission and boasting just 4,183 miles from new (est. $125,000-$175,000);
• 1939 Ford Deluxe Convertible Sedan, chassis no. 18-5058638, restored and configured especially for the Great American Race in 2000 (est. $100,000 – $120,000);
• 1990 Prevost XL40 Conversion Motor Home, converted for Mr. Dingman to use in his motor sports career (est. $80,000 – $110,000), along with a fully equipped 1996 TPD Kitchen Trailer, ideal for teams on the racing circuit or every useful for any type of outdoor catering event (est. $20,000 – $40,000).
RM Auctions Dingman Collection 2012 – Auction Information
Saturday June 9, 2012 10:00AM EST
Sunday June 10, 2012 10:00AM EST
Friday June 8, 2012 10:00AM – 6:00PM EST
363 Exeter Rd., Hampton, New Hampshire, 03842
Admission to the auction is open to registered bidders. Bidder registration is $150 and includes an official auction catalog and admission for two to preview and auction. Admission to the preview only requires the purchase of a Guest Pass for $30 each or the purchase of an official auction catalogue that admits two for $100. For those unable to attend the event in person, absentee, Internet, and telephone bidding options are available, and the auction will stream live at www.rmauctions.com.
[Source: RM Auctions]