The debut RM Auctions Paris sale will be held 4-5 February 2014 at Place Vauban during the week of Salon Retromobile. More than 50 automobiles will cross the podium at what is set to become an annual fixture on RM’s European auction calendar.
Max Girardo, Managing Director of RM Europe, said, “As ever, our objective for the Paris sale has been to bring together cars of exceptional quality. We look for only the best examples and aim to offer cars that will appeal to all areas of the market. I’m delighted to say that our catalogue for the Paris auction features more than 50 of the best fresh-to-market cars, and the sale will be a great curtain raiser to our 2014 European calendar.”
The official start to RM’s 2014 European calendar will feature an ex-Works 1953 Gordini 24S, chassis 36. A streamlined barchetta featuring a three-litre DOHC, eight-cylinder engine, the example on offer is one of the first racing cars in history to feature disc brakes all round. It was entered in the 1953, 1954 and 1955 24-Hours of Le Mans, as well as numerous other well-known events including the 12 Hours of Reims; the Tour de France, where it finished 1st overall in 1953; the 1953 and 1954 1000 km Buenos Aires; the 1955 Mille Miglia; and the 1953 Carrera Panamericana. The Gordini was extensively campaigned in period by well-known driver, Jean Behra (€3,000,000 – €4,000,000).
RM Auctions will present the Harburg Competition Car Collection at its Paris sale. Highlights include:
- 1973 Porsche 917/30 Can-Am Spyder, 917/30-005 is the last of four 917/30 chassis completed by the factory and features the turbocharged flat-12 engine (€2,100,000 – €2,900,000);
- 1982 Porsche 956 Group C Sports-Prototype, chassis 956-004 placed 3rd in the Porsche 1-2-3 finish at the 1982 24 Hours of Le Mans (€2,100,000 – €2,900,000);
- 1964 Porsche 904 Carrera GTS, chassis 904-045, originally owned by Frazer Nash Works driver and Porsche privateer Dickie Stoop, it is the only 904 finished in Irish Green (€1,000,000 – €1,400,000);
- 1955 Jaguar D-Type, chassis XKD 520, the seventh customer D-Type produced, it boasts extensive early racing history along with well-documented provenance (€4,100,000 – €4,700,000);
- 1955 Ferrari 750 Monza Spider, 0498M, with multiple 1st place finishes and 5th overall at the 1955 12 Hours of Sebring, it was campaigned by both Phil Hill and Carroll Shelby (€1,800,000 – €2,100,000);
- 1950 Aston Martin DB2 (€270,000 – €345,000);
- 1969 Lola T70 (€295,000 – €355,000).
Another race car at the Paris sale is an ex-Works 2008 Peugeot 908 HDi FAP Le Mans Prototype; this car finished 2nd at Le Mans and which is being offered direct by the Peugeot Factory (€1,400,000 – €1,800,000).
The 2014 RM Retromobile Week sale will also feature no less than eight Alfa Romeos, ranging from a 1966 Giulia Super ‘Polizia’ (€15.000–€20.000) to a 1980 179B Formula One car (€90.000–€130.000). Other Alfa Romeos on offer include a 1948 Alfa Romeo 6C 2500 Super Sport Coupe (€300.000–€ 400.000); a 1956 Alfa Romeo Giulietta Berlina (€15.000–€20.000); a 1962 Alfa Romeo 2600 Spider (€80.000–€110.000); a 1939 Alfa Romeo 6C 2500 Cabriolet (€250.000– €320.000); a 1952 Alfa Romeo 1900C Sprint (€190.000–€240.000); and a 1947 Alfa Romeo 6C 2500 Sport Cabriolet (€250.000–€350.000).
Another star lot is the 1936 Delahaye 135 S, chassis 47187, which features coachwork in the style of O. Lecanu-Deschamps. It is one of only sixteen examples constructed, and it boasts unbroken ownership from new and a restoration by marque experts in France. It also has an extensive race history, which includes a 1st place finish at the 1936 24 Hours of Spa (€1.000.000–€1.500.000).
RM Auctions Paris 2014 – Additional Lots:
- 1990 Ferrari F40 (€450.000–€500.000)
- 1938 Lagonda V-12 Drophead Coupe (€350.000–€400.00)
- 1971 Ferrari Dino 246 GT (€180.000–€220.000)
- 1957 Mercedes-Benz 300 SL Roadster, chassis 198.042.7500236, benefiting from a body-off restoration by German marque specialists and complete with its original radio, tool kit and jack, matching-numbers (€750.000-€950.000)
- 2010 Bugatti Veyron 16.4 Grand Sport, chassis VF9515K25241M795018, featuring a “669” motif, amongst other special options and only 1,300 kilometres since new, it is the first example delivered to France (€975.000–€1.100.000)
- 2010 Ferrari 599XX, chassis ZFF69PXX000170354, with limited use since new (€800.000–€1.100.000)
- 1940 Horch 853A Sportcabriolet, chassis 854402, one of the last 853A chassis produced by Horch and equipped with the power steering and overdrive transmission (€800.000–€1.000.000)
- 1957 Lancia Aurelia B24S Convertible (€225.000–€275.000)
- 1983 Lancia 037 Group B (€390.000–€460.000)
- 1937 SS 100 Jaguar 2 1/2-Litre Roadster (€300.000–€360.000)
2014 RM Auctions Paris – Event Details
Sale dates: February 5; auction commences at 7:00 p.m. CET
Preview dates: February 4–5
Location: Place Vauban, Paris, 75007 France
Admission: The purchase of an official auction catalogue for €100 admits two to the previews, reception, and auction. Bidder registration is €120 and includes an auction catalogue and admission for two to the previews, reception, and auction.
For further sale information, or to view the catalogue, visit www.rmauctions.com or call RM’s London office at +44 (0) 20 7851 7070.
[Source: RM Auctions]