For the first time since August 2009, we have updated the look and feel of Sports Car Digest. Readers will benefit from larger pictures, better image captioning, a more interactive comment platform (see below) and easier navigation throughout the site.
The biggest changes are under the hood as we moved to a more robust platform that allows us to better manage the site going forward. As with any major update, we anticipate a couple hiccups until we have the new site completely stabilized. Until then, we sincerely thank you for your patience and readership.
The biggest change readers will likely notice is our new comment system. We now use the Disqus platform which you’ve probably seen on various sites already. If you’re new to the Disqus system, here’s what you can expect:
- * Realtime comments – Comments are more like live discussions with realtime posting and updating.
- * Notification and reply system – The notification system lets readers know when they’ve received a response. Best of all, you can now continue the conversation straight from the email.
- * Sorting – Comments are now sortable by: popular now, best rated, newest or oldest.
- * Adding Images or Videos – Full integration with media services such as YouTube, Flickr, etc. Attach media such as photos and videos right within the comments.
- * Social Integration – The system is integrated with Facebook, Twitter, Yahoo, Google to let readers login, comment, and share using social services they already use.
We hope you like the changes to Sports Car Digest and we welcome your comments and feedback below. As always, you can also send ideas, comments, questions, observations or suggestions to mail (at) sportscardigest.com.