Sportscar Vintage Racing Association (SVRA) released their 2012 historic car racing calendar, calling for a total of five race weekends next year as the organization continues to shrink their schedule. SVRA will race at three tracks in 2012, with two events at Sebring and Watkins Glen, plus one at Mid-Ohio.
The 2012 Sebring 12-Hour race weekend will celebrate the 60th Anniversary of the famed 12-Hours of Sebring with many of the cars from Sebring’s rich history expected to participate.
The June event at Watkins Glen will feature the Shelby American Automobile Club (SAAC) 37 Convention, which celebrates the 50th anniversary of the Shelby Cobra in 2012. In addition to honoring the Shelby Cobra, the weekend will also offer the Historic Enduro 200.
SVRA returns to Mid-Ohio for its 30th year at the circuit in Lexington, Ohio. The 2012 race will feature the “British Invasion and BMW/Alfa/Datsun Challenge.”
The final SVRA event of 2012 vintage car racing season will be the 29th annual U.S. Vintage Grand Prix at Watkins Glen. The race weekend will feature the Ford Mustang, plus the traditional downtown street festival.
For more information, visit www.svra.com.
SVRA Vintage Car Racing Calendar 2012
- March 1-4, Sebring Endurance Classic, Sebring International Raceway, Sebring, FL
- March 13-17, Mobil 1 12 Hours of Sebring, Sebring International Raceway, Sebring FL
- June 7-10, SAAC Convention/Historic Enduro 200, Watkins Glen International, Watkins Glen, NY
- June 21-24, Mid-Ohio Vintage Grand Prix, Mid-Ohio Sportscar Course, Lexington, OH
- September 6-9, U.S. Vintage Grand Prix, Watkins Glen International, Watkins Glen, NY
[Source: SVRA; photo credit: Michael DiPleco]