The inaugural Targa California 2009 Tour will take place March 26-28 in Paso Robles, California. Inspired by the defunct No Frills Iron Bottom Motoring Tour, the Targa California Tour aims to carry on with the casual nature of the No Frills Tour.
Targa California is open to any and all pre-1975 cars and, similar to the No Frills Tour, there is no entry fee, prizes, established pace or specified start or stop times. The only requirement is that you pre-register and sign a driver’s waiver form.
For more information, including how to register, visit www.targacalifornia.com.
Targa California 2009 Tour Schedule of Events:
Thursday, March 26th
- Meet between 6:30 a.m. – 7:30 a.m. on East High Street in Moorpark, CA on western end. (About 5 minutes from the Best Western) You may use the hotel parking lots and street parking.
- Official drivers meeting at 7:30 a.m. Instructional hand outs will be distributed.
- Targa California begins with an unforgettable drive to Paso Robles, CA!
- Thursday evening everyone meets at The Black Oak Lodge in Paso Robles – Targa California’s HQ
- Parking lot get together (BYOB)
Friday, March 27th
- Leave Black Oak Inn for a full day of great roads & panoramic views
- Return to Black Oak for more “rallying” in the parking lot! (Many nice wineries in the area too)
Saturday, March 28th
- Leave Black Oak for excursion to the group breakfast at The Loading Chute in Creston, CA
- Breakfast buffet, presentations & more begin at 10:00 a.m.
- After breakfast, drive continues south completing the Targa California event
[Source: Targa California Tour]