The Techno Classica Essen 2013 was held 10-14 April at the Messe Essen exhibition centre in Essen, Germany. Celebrating its 25th anniversary this year, Techno Classica saw a staggering 193,400 visitors enjoying the 1,250 exhibitors from over 30 nations that displayed classic automobiles, motorsport, motorcycles, automobilia, art, literature and accessories, tuning and restoration services and much more.
Anton Leon Franssen, Managing Director of the organiser S.I.H.A., commented, “The market for youngtimers and oldtimers has been growing continuously for ten years and will do so in the future too. After all, it is a matter of the passion for historic vehicles, their originality and the wonderful details.”
Among the featured exhibitors at the 2013 Techno Classica Essen included:
- Audi looked back on 80 years V8 engines, with two Horch luxury limousines
- Ford celebrated the 150th birthday of the company founder Henry Ford
- Lamborghini celebrated its 50th anniversary
- Mercedes-Benz put history of the luxury S-class into the main focus
- RM Auctions previewed their upcoming Villa d’Este sale
- Bugatti displayed two Type 57s from the Mullin Automotive Museum
- Porsche honored the 50th birthday of the 911
Photographer Pavel Novitski offers the following selection of wonderful images from the 2013 Techno Classica Essen. We split up the 60 pictures that Pavel captured into two galleries. The first gallery features our top 20 images, all displayed in the full-width view of our website. The second gallery, meanwhile, is found on the last page of the article and gives a comprehensive view of all the photographs. To see more from Pavel, visit pavelnovitski.com/.