From Hagerty Insurance:
Welcome to Hagerty Plus’ Model-Building Contest.
We’re launching this contest with the help of car clubs all across the country as a way of giving young people a thrilling, hands-on introduction to the collector car hobby. It’s easy for your club to join in the fun – you just have to find kids to participate, and Hagerty Plus will handle the rest.
By hosting the contest at a local level, you’re giving kids a chance to win the ultimate car guy experience: a trip to Monterey, California during the week of the famed Pebble Beach Concours d’Elegance. Plus, your club could win $500.
- Your club will find kids ages 8 to 14 to participate in the contest at a local level, and will sign-up to host the contest by April 17, 2008.
- Hagerty Plus will provide your club with the plastic model kits, awards and detailed instructions.
- Your club will distribute the kits to the contestants, oversee the building process and select a winner internally. Then, you’ll send the winning model to Hagerty Plus by May 9, 2008 for the second round of judging.
- The top five models will be chosen by popular vote at www.hagerty.com. The winning builders will head to Monterey, California in August of 2008 and their sponsoring clubs will receive $500!
Clubs are eligible to win cash prizes when their sponsored builders advance in the contest! If your club’s winning builder is selected as one of the five national finalists, your club will win $500.
The kids win great prizes, too!
- The winner from each club will win $50 and a trophy. Additionally, they’ll be recognized in Hagerty’s magazine and on www.hagerty.com.
- The top five builders and a legal guardian will be treated to a trip to Monterey during the week of the famed Pebble Beach Concours d’Elegance for final judging.
[Source: Hagerty Insurance]