The Barrett-Jackson Las Vegas 2015 auction will be held September 24-26 at the Mandalay Bay Resort and Casino in Las Vegas, Nevada. Barrett-Jackson’s 8th annual Las Vegas sale will feature classics, exotics, muscle cars, hot rods, resto-mods and more set to cross the auction block.
“We’re going full-throttle as we prepare for our 8th annual Las Vegas auction at Mandalay Bay,” said Craig Jackson, chairman and CEO of Barrett-Jackson. “Our docket is filling up with many spectacular vehicles and we’re excited to showcase our event with 24 hours of live coverage on Discovery and Velocity across the three days.”
The featured cars at Barrett-Jackson’s 2015 Las Vegas event includes a 1968 Chevrolet Corvette L88 Coupe (Lot# 738) that has only traveled 24,760 miles since new and a 1979 Porsche 911 Turbo (Lot# 726), one of 806 produced for the United States that model year. Showing 38,465 miles, this 930 is dressed in Metallic Silver over a black leather interior fitted with optional sport seats.
Also appearing at the 2015 Las Vegas sale is an extensively modified 1953 Porsche 356 Pre-A “Outlaw” coupe (Lot# 734) reported to make a reliable 120 horsepower through its magnesium case 1,600cc race engine. Lot number 747, a 1957 Ford Thunderbird in the desirable supercharged, F-code guise will also highlight the 8th annual Las Vegas event. Recently restored as a rust-free example, the Thunderbird was sold new at Culver Motors in Los Angeles, California.
Additional notable offerings at the Barrett-Jackson Palm Beach 2015 auction include:
- 1959 Mercedes-Benz 190SL Roadster (Lot# 747), Red on Bamboo color combination
- 1974 Pontiac Firebird Trans-Am 455 Super Duty (Lot# 744), less than 9,500 miles since new
- 1965 Chevrolet Nova SS “Dobbertin’s” Coupe (Lot# 725) Conceived by Rick Dobbertin, this twin-turbocharged monster Nova graced the cover of 14 magazines and has been featured in over 100 publications, including Hot Rod.
- 2005 Ford GT (Lot# 711), showing only 2,081 miles this reincarnation of the iconic GT40 is equipped with all four options available from Ford, dressed in the classic red with white stripes
- 1989 Lamborghini Countach 25th Anniversary (Lot#449), one of the most refined versions of the Countach, said to only have 17,412 kilometers
- 1990 Concept Sky Commuter (Lot# 729), the product of stillborn project to make a flying car that involved Boeing engineers and reportedly over $6 million dollars
The Barrett-Jackson Las Vegas auction will be held September 24-26, 2015 at the Mandalay Bay Resort and Casino in Las Vegas, Nevada. Gates open at 8 a.m. PST at the Mandalay Bay Resort and Casino (3950 S Las Vegas Blvd, Las Vegas, Nevada 89119) each day, September 24 through 26. Tickets may be purchased at the gate, or in advance at Barrett-Jackson.com.
Live coverage of the Barrett-Jackson Collector Car Auction in Palm Beach will broadcast on Discovery and Velocity during 19 hours of live TV coverage from Thursday through Saturday, September 24-26.
Barrett-Jackson Las Vegas 2015 – TV Broadcast Schedule
Thursday, September 24, 11 a.m. – 7 p.m. PDT – Velocity
Friday, September 25, 11 a.m. – 7 p.m. PDT – Velocity
Saturday, September 26, 11 a.m. – 1 p.m. PDT – Velocity
Saturday, September 26, 1 p.m. – 5 p.m. PDT – Discovery
Saturday, September 26, 5 p.m. – 7 p.m. PDT – Velocity
For more information on becoming a bidder, visit Barrett-Jackson.com.