The Barrett-Jackson Palm Beach 2016 auction will be held April 8-10 at the South Florida Fairgrounds in Palm Beach, Florida. Barrett-Jackson’s 15th annual Palm Beach sale will feature a broad range of classics, exotics, muscle cars, hot rods, resto-mods and more set to cross the auction block.
“This year’s Scottsdale auction kicked off our 45th Anniversary year with one of the strongest events in company history,” said Craig Jackson, chairman and CEO of Barrett-Jackson.“We’re excited to continue that momentum with our Palm Beach auction in April and we have an exciting weekend planned for what has become a true world-class lifestyle event in South Florida.”
Headline consignments for Barrett-Jackson’s 2016 Florida sale include a 1957 Ford Skyliner F-Code Retractable Hardtop and a low-mileage 2006 Ford GT Heritage Edition still in the wrapper.
The 1957 Ford Skyliner F-Code Retractable Hardtop is one of only seven Fairlane 500s built with a supercharged F-Code 300 brake horsepower, 312ci overhead-valve V8 engine with a retractable hardtop. The original owner campaigned this vehicle at top-level drag races and won the national championship for its class in 1957 and 1958.
This year’s docket also features a 2006 Ford GT Heritage Edition with less than five actual miles on the odometer. This GT remains in its factory original delivery state, including factory transport stickers still intact, shrink-wrap, steering wheel wrap and seat plastic all still in place.
Also included in the Palm Beach auction docket is a 2005 Porsche Carrera GT supercar putting out 605 horsepower with its 5.7-liter V10 and 6-speed manual transmission. Only 1,270 units of the Carrera GT were ever produced, making this a rare opportunity to own one of the most sought-after supercars.
A 1957 Ford Thunderbird F-Code Convertible is the perfect complement to the 1957 Skyliner. This F-bird is one of only 205 also fitted with the supercharged F-Code 300 brake horsepower, 312ci overhead-valve V8 engine. It has been meticulously restored and is finished in a rare Flame Red exterior.
“Our Palm Beach auction has become an annual tradition for automotive enthusiasts and collector car fans alike,” said Steve Davis, president of Barrett-Jackson. “The greatest part of our success in Palm Beach is a result of our incredible docket of cars. No other auction company brings the diversity and quality of collector cars to the area like Barrett-Jackson.”
While largely dominated by supercars and American iron, this year’s Palm Beach event will feature several interesting European sports cars. Here are some of the offerings that caught our attention:
- 1956 Mercedes-Benz 190SL Convertible, Dressed in an appropriately German livery, this 190SL is said to have been meticulously restored
- 1961 Triumph TR3A Roadster, This Signal Red TR3A is described to be actual display car used during the 1961 Earls Court Motor Show
- 1968 Ferrari 330 GTC, A well-traveled example, this 330 GTC is explained to be numbers matching and having recently enjoyed a mechanical refresh carried out by RM restorations
- 1984 Porsche 911 Turbo/DP 935, Previously owned by Olympic Gold medal-winning skier, Bode Miller, this heavily modified 911 Turbo is further proof of how crazy the ’80s really were
- 1989 Porsche 911 Turbo Cabriolet, This 911 Cabriolet is far from the usual, not only appointed as a Turbo, it’s the only year offered with a 5-speed gearbox and was equipped with the highly sought after M505 “Slantnose” package
The Barrett-Jackson Palm Beach 2016 Auction will be staged April 8-10 at the South Florida Fairground in West Palm Beach, Florida. Live coverage will be aired on Velocity and Discovery during the nearly 20 hours worth of live TV coverage from Friday through Sunday, April 8-10.
For additional information or to purchase tickets, visit Barrett-Jackson.com or call (480) 421-6694.