Top sale at the 2012 Barrett-Jackson Scottsdale auction went a 1948 Tucker Torpedo from the Ron Pratte Collection that sold for a world-record $2,915,000. Other impressive results included the 1947 Bentley Mark VI Coachworks by Franay with a sale price of $2,750,000, the 4,159 original mile 1954 Mercedes-Benz 300SL Gullwing at a world-record $2,200,000 and the 1933 Pierce-Arrow Silver Arrow at $2,200,000. All sold on Saturday, January 21 and were part of the new Barrett-Jackson Salon Offering Collection, a selection of classic cars offered with reserves.
“The excitement over the high-end classics in the 5000 series and the Salon Offering Collection this year is beyond words,” said Craig Jackson, Chairman and CEO, Barrett-Jackson. “The record crowds were the most enthusiastic I have seen them in years. I’m humbled to say that we had a record number of cars cross the block and were able to revisit our roots by offering some of the purest classics and concepts on the market with extraordinary results. Additionally, we still maintained our ‘something for everyone’ philosophy by providing the largest selection of vintage cars and trucks in our 41-year history.”
Barrett-Jackson Scottsdale 2012 – Top Ten Auction Results
1. 1948 Tucker Torpedo – $2,915,000
2. 1947 Bentley Mark VI Franay DHC – $2,750,000
3. 1933 Pierce-Arrow Silver Arrow – $2,200,000
3. 1954 Mercedes-Benz 300SL Gullwing – $2,200,000
5. 1954 Desoto Adventurer II Coupe – $1,430,000
6. 1928 Daimler P.1.50 Vee Front Royal Limousine – $1,155,000
7. 1930 Isotta Fraschini Tipo Cabriolet – $1,100,000
8. 1930 Duesenberg Model J – $1,045,000
9. 1964 Ford Fairlane 500 K Code – $1,000,000
10. 2012 Chevrolet Corvette 60th Anniversary Convertible – $600,000
The 2012 Barrett-Jackson Scottsdale event saw a record number of attendees totaling more than 270,000, a 16% increase in attendance over 2011. Further, new registered bidders comprised more than 50% of total bidders and nearly half of the consigners were also new.
Additionally, more than $5.8 million was raised for local and national charities through the sale of 22 vehicles, including generous proceeds from sales and donations for the Barrett-Jackson sponsored ChildHelp Charity to benefit victims of child abuse and neglect.
For additional information, including complete auction results, visit www.barrett-jackson.com.