The Bonhams Preserving the Automobile auction will be held Monday, October 7th, 2013 at the Simeone Automotive Museum in Philadelphia.
With models representing Aston Martin, Cadillac, Ferrari, Jaguar, Packard, Pierce-Arrow and Rolls-Royce, among others, the 2nd annual Bonhams Simeone Museum sale will consist almost exclusively of cars in original, unrestored condition, with a selection of automobiles from turn-of-the-century pioneering models, to diverse cars through the decades, to later-century sports cars.
In addition to the cars from a private European collection that are to be offered without reserve, some of the many highlights include:
- 1904 Knox 16/18hp “Touraine” 4-Passenger Stanhope – a VCC-dated, London-to-Brighton Run finisher
- 1911 Panhard-Levassor Type Y 6.6-Liter 35hp Open Drive Limousine – formerly owned by Augustus Juilliard of Juilliard School of Music fame
- 1912 Pierce-Arrow Model 36 Vestibule Town Car – a rare survivor of an early formal car
- 1932 Cadillac V-16 All-Weather Phaeton – just two owners from new
- 1934 Aston Martin 1.5-Liter 2/4 Seater – formerly owned by Bill Cosby
- 1954 Jaguar XK120 SE Roadster – single owner from 1957-2010 with many period speed equipment upgrades
- 1966 Aston Martin DB6 Vantage – three owners from new with superior uprated factory specifications
Other notable offerings at the 2013 Bonhams Simeone Auction include the 1967 Jaguar XKE Series I Open 2-Seater with just 24,000 original miles that had been hiding in storage for 40 years and a 1964 Ferrari 330 GT 2+2 with less than 27,000 miles.
Additionally, an extensive selection of American and European automobilia will also be presented, from art to parts, including, for example, the personal family collection of Alec Ulmann, founder of Sebring International Raceway, as well as a large quantity of Maserati engine components and spares.
The unique Bonhams ‘Preserving the Automobile’ sale will be staged Monday, the 7th of October at the impressive Simeone Automotive Museum in Philadelphia, with previews taking place the days prior, Saturday and Sunday. For more information and a complete listing of motorcars, visit bonhams.com/simeone.
Bonhams Simeone Automotive Museum 2013 – Auction Preview