Brian Barr has joined Sports Car Digest as Director of Sales and Marketing, where he will grow and manage business relationships with our advertisers, in addition to offering marketing and strategic planning expertise.
Sports Car Digest has quickly become the leading international online journal for sports, racing and classic car enthusiasts. Launched in 2008, Sports Car Digest has established itself as a top online resource for auction, event and vintage car racing coverage, in addition to profiles on the history of classic cars, drivers and races.
Brian Barr is a top performing marketing executive demonstrating leadership, vision and creativity in driving revenue growth in highly competitive domestic and global markets. Barr is skilled in relationship building with key decision makers, with a proven ability to identify and capitalize on new opportunities.
Barr has worked with a variety of clients, including corporations, recording artists, athletes, drivers, teams and motorsports organizations, including;
• Marketing Consultant for new US-based Formula One team including, brand development & management, research & analysis, licensing, and partnership marketing
• Initiated and led sponsorship brand alignment and go-to-market initiative plan for Grand American Road Racing team
• Consulting and marketing services for NASCAR drivers and teams
• Business development for Dale Earnhardt, Inc.
• Ran Jim Beam Motorsports in NASCAR and IRL with Series Champion and Indy 500 winner Dan Wheldon
• America Online sports marketing consulting
• Led NASCAR partnership marketing group of clients including; Coca-Cola, Ford and Kellogg’s
• Brand experience creating Margaritaville Tequila with Jimmy Buffet
• MCA/Universal Music tour sponsorship for Gary Allan, Mark Chestnut, and Kenny Chesney
A self-acknowledged “gearhead” and motorcycle enthusiast, Barr spent many years amateur racing a Porsche 911 RSR in a variety of series. View article on Brian: “Barr Marries Passion with Profession.”
Barr said, “Joining Sports Car Digest affords me the opportunity to join my passion and profession working in the collector car and vintage racing marketplace. Sports Car Digest is quickly becoming the premier source for information about the collector car market on the web and I am pleased to join Jamie and the team.”
Sports Car Digest Publisher and Editor Jamie Doyle said, “Sports Car Digest is excited Brian is joining our team of automotive enthusiasts. We look forward to growing our business and expanding our presence in the marketplace.”
About Sports Car Digest
Launched in 2008, Sports Car Digest offers a combination of timely and comprehensive auction reports, extensive concours and vintage racing coverage, brilliant photo galleries and detailed profiles on the history of classic cars, drivers and races.
Sports Car Digest employs a team of award-winning writers, historians and photographers from around the world to produce authoritative content and commentary and stunning photographs.
Sports Car Digest also presents classic and modern cars for sale from the world’s premium automotive dealerships and auction companies, as well as a community forum to discuss current and past events with like-minded aficionados and collectors.
For more information, visit www.SportsCarDigest.com.