The RM Auctions Arizona 2015 sale returns January 15-16 to the Arizona Biltmore Resort and Spa in Phoenix. A selection of 120 automobiles will cross the block at RM’s 16th annual Arizona auction, including a 1988 Porsche 959, 1990 Ferrari F40 and 1993 Bugatti EB110 GT, among others.
“We’re excited to return to the Arizona Biltmore for our 16th consecutive year. Our Arizona sale consistently kicks off the season on a strong note and we look forward to continuing that tradition in January,” said Ian Kelleher, Managing Director, RM Auctions West Coast Division. “Add in the fact that the Arizona Biltmore is also home to the Arizona Concours d’Elegance just days prior to our auction, and it is certainly a must-visit destination during Arizona Auto Week.”
Leading the trio of supercars poised for RM Auctions Arizona 2015 is a 1988 Porsche 959 ‘Komfort’, finished in Graphite Grey metallic with a Dark Grey leather interior with silver inserts. Capable of 197 mph, the 959 was a game-changer in the supercar world, deploying new technology in the pursuit of speed, and combining performance with all-weather, all-seasons drivability as well as a level of luxury and comfort unique to the supercar class. With just 21,000 kilometers from new, the example on offer would be the centerpiece of any Porsche enthusiast’s collection (Est. $900,000 – $1,100,000).
A short time later, Ferrari released a supercar that would punch through the 959’s speed record to 201.4 mph, doing so in a completely different fashion. With the F40, Ferrari turned to their Formula One team for inspiration and stuck with the tried-and-true idea of “less is more”, making it as lightweight as possible. RM’s 2015 Arizona sale will lift the gavel on a Ferrari Classiche-certified 1990 Ferrari F40. With only 5,000 miles on its odometer, it is sure to deliver its next owner its trademark driving experience (Est. $1,150,000 – $1,350,000).
A viable alternative to the supercar lineups of Porsche, Ferrari, and Lamborghini, the 550-bhp Bugatti EB110 fused an iconic French car-making name with Italian design and construction and engineering. Equipped with a V-12 engine and four turbochargers, the EB110’s top speed of 213 mph blew earlier supercars out of the water. The example on offer at RM’s Scottsdale-area sale, a 1993 Bugatti EB110 GT, is the sixth production example of just 139 built and was originally owned by a noted Japanese collector who drove it throughout Europe and Japan. Ready to return to the open road, it presents a rare ownership opportunity, as only a handful have been imported to this side of the Atlantic (Est. $575,000 – $775,000).
Kelleher added, “We’re thrilled to secure this group of iconic supercars for our Arizona sale. Fresh to the market, they represent the ultimate in performance while each maintaining a unique style all their own.”
Additional notable early entries secured for RM Auctions’ Arizona 2015 sale include:
- 1957 Mercedes-Benz 300 SL Roadster, offered from long-term enthusiast ownership since 1975, the current owner has restored and driven the car over 100,000 miles from coast to coast, visiting motoring meccas such as the Bonneville Salt Flats and the Laguna Seca raceway along the way (Est. $950,000 – $1,200,000);
- 1962 Mercedes-Benz 300 SL Roadster restored by Rudi and Company in the color combination of Silver Blue over Red and featuring factory disc brakes and European headlights (Est. $1,700,000 – $2,000,000);
- 1966 Ferrari 275 GTB, Matching-numbers example (Est. $2,750,000 – $3,250,000);
- 1966 Ferrari 275 GTS, presented with decades of known history (Est. $2,000,000 – $2,300,000);
- 1979 Lamborghini Countach LP400S Series I, Matching-numbers, in its original Tahiti Blue and offered from 30 years of single-ownership (Est. $800,000 – $1,000,000);
- 1988 Ferrari Testarossa, low-mileage example finished in black over black and boasting its original paint, interior and tires (Est. $125,000 – $175,000); and
- 1979 Ferrari 512 BB, meticulously serviced throughout its life and showing a mere 23,000 kilometers (Est. $275,000 – $325,000).
For more information on RM’s Arizona 2015 sale, to view a frequently updated list of entries, or to discuss consignment opportunities, visit rmauctions.com or call RM’s West Coast Division at +1 310 559 4575.
[Source: RM Auctions]