The 2013 Geneva International Motor Show will be held March 7-17 at the Geneva Palexpo in Geneva, Switzerland. The 83rd edition of the Geneva Motor Show saw many significant automotive debuts, headlined by Ferrari’s latest supercar, LaFerrari and the P1 from McLaren. Organizers expect more than 700,000 visitors, in addition to the latest technologies and designs from more than 250 exhibitors.
Highlights of the 2013 Geneva International Motor Show included:
- Ferrari debuted the LaFerrari, their limited-edition supercar powered by a hybrid V-8 /electric engine producing a combined 949 horsepower;
- McLaren unveiled the P1, their limited-edition supercar powered by a hybrid V-12 /electric engine producing a combined 903 horsepower;
- Rolls-Royce presented the Wraith, the fastback coupe that is the most powerful Rolls-Royce in history with 624 horsepower;
- Chevrolet revealed the drop-top version of the Corvette Stingray;
- Porsche offered the fifth-generation 911 GT3, in celebration of the 50th anniversary of the 911;
- Alfa Romeo showed off the 4C, marking the return of the brand to the world of lightweight sports coupes;
- Lamborghini wowed with its Veneno, an outrageous, limited-edition supercar built on the Aventador chassis.
The Geneva International Motor Show 2013 will be open on weekdays from 10:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m., and on the weekends from 9:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m. To better spread out the number of visitors during the day and to also enhance their comfort through less crowding, a discount of 50% on the price of an entry ticket will be made after 4:00 p.m.
For more information, visit www.salon-auto.ch/en.
Geneva International Motor Show 2013 – Photo Gallery (click image for larger picture)
[Source: photos: Newspress]