The 2016 schedule of the Goodwood Breakfast Club events will feature a wide-ranging set of themes intended to appeal to all motoring enthusiast tastes. As in previous years, the Goodwood Breakfast Club meetings will be free to attend, and open to all, with appropriate themed vehicles needing to pre-register to assure a place on the grid at the Goodwood Motor Circuit in West Sussex.
Each Goodwood Breakfast Club will be held on the first Sunday of the month, with the Motor Circuit gates opening to display vehicles and spectators from 07:30am onwards. A selection of breakfast treats, warm beverages and stunning vehicles will await visitors. As an addition in 2016 Goodwood will be providing Ultimate Driving taster sessions for Breakfast Club visitors on the low grip area.
Goodwood Breakfast Club 2016 – Dates and Themes
- 01 May 2016 – Soft-Top Sunday: Intended to attract all open roofed vehicles, old and new, to enjoy the springtime sunshine
- 05 June 2016 – Full Throttle: Incorporating the popular Supercar Sunday, June’s Breakfast Club previews the 2016 Festival of Speed theme, with an array of exotic performance machines
- 03 July 2016 – No Breakfast Club: due to the proximity of the 2016 Festival of Speed
- 07 August 2016 – Thoroughbred Sunday: Attracting a wide spectrum of pre-1967 classic vehicles to help get Breakfast Clubbers into the Revival spirit
- 04 September 2016 – No Breakfast Club: due to the proximity of the 2016 Goodwood Revival
- 02 October 2016 – Italian Sunday: Celebrating the brio and beauty of stylish Italian machinery, be they cars, motorcycles, scooters, commercial vehicles, or recognised Italian designed automobiles
- 06 November 2016 – Hot Hatch Sunday: A hoard of cult hot hatches, such as the 205GTi, Golf GTi, Escort Cosworth and Clio V6, plus other interesting modern classics
If you own a vehicle suitable for consideration to be displayed on the Goodwood grid at one or more of the 2016 Breakfast Club meetings, complete the on-line application form on the GRRC website.
[Source: Goodwood; photo: Paul Melbert]