The inaugural London Concours d’Elegance was held 27-29 July 2011 on the lawns of the Hurlingham Club, situated on the banks of the River Thames in London.
The Hurlingham Club was previously home to the Salon Prive Concours d’Elegance, but that event’s move to Syon Park in 2011 left an opening on the calendar for the debut London Concours d’Elegance. The new event has a similar look and feel to the Salon Prive approach at Hurlingham Club. Billed as an “exclusive garden party”, the Concours of London gives guests an opportunity to not only look at the vintage cars on display, but also enjoy fine food and drink and shop for cars, yachts, jewelery and homes.
The London Concours d’Elegance 2011 featured many notable entries, including not one but two McLaren F1 GTR, a line-up of Jaguar E-Types, Lamborghini Miura and Countach, Alfa Romeo 6C 2500 S Berlinetta, Ferrari 250 GT Tour de France, Aston Martin DB4 GT, Ford GT40, among others. Best of Show was awarded to the Jaguar XK140 of James Hull.
The Concours d’Elegance of London 2011 sponsored the Christchurch appeal, one of just five charities supported by the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge.
Tim Scott of Fluid Images presents the following images from London Concours d’Elegance 2011. To see more pictures from Tim, visit fluidimages.co.uk.
London Concours d’Elegance 2011 – Photo Gallery (click image for larger picture and description)
London Concours d’Elegance 2011 – Award Winners
1. Alfa Romeo 6C 2500SS, Gary Snell
2. Lagonda LG45, Peter Blenk
1. 1967 Iso Grifo, James Hull
2. 1966 Bizzarrini 5300 GT Strada, Hugh James
3. 1969 Aston Martin DB6 Mk II, Paul Auston
1. Lamborghini Contach 5000 QV, Harry Metcalf
2. Aston Martin Vanquish, Ewan Warrender
1. Ferrari 365 GTB/4 Daytona, Brian Gilbart-Smith
2. 1964 Ferrari 250 GT Lusso, Damian Perl
3. 1987 Rolls Royce Camargue Coupe, Marek Letowt
1. Ferrari 275 GTS, Jonathan Baker
2. Fiat Dino Spyder, Daniel Drogman
3. Ferrari 550 Barchetta, Julian Fenn
1. Jaguar XK120, James Hull
2. Jaguar E-Type Roadster, Gary Snell
3. Jaguar SS1 Coupe, James Hull
Le Mans Cars
1. Ford GT40 Mk II, Paul Lanzante
Best of Show
Jaguar XK140, James Hull
[Source: Tim Scott / Fluid Images]