The Mecum Denver 2015 auction was staged June 26-27 at the Colorado Convention Center in Denver, Colorado, resulting in $12,003,418 in total sales and a 66% sell-through rate. A total of 396 cars sold at Mecum Auctions’ inaugural Denver-area auction.
“We were excited to bring the Mecum Auction action to the Denver area, and the reception from nearly 14,000 enthusiasts in the Rocky Mountain Region and beyond was overwhelmingly positive,” said Dana Mecum, president and founder of Mecum Auctions. “This auction was an excellent inaugural event with strong sales and consignments coming from 27 states. We look forward to finalizing details on our return to the Denver area in 2016.”
The top result at the Mecum Denver 2015 sale went to a first-year Lamborghini Aventador (Lot S105.1) with 8,459 miles on the clock that hammered for a high bid of $285,000. Demanding a $200,000 sale price was a fully-customized 1962 Western Pacific 40-foot Airstream trailer (Lot S109). The mid-century modern-styled trailer was restored by Timeless Travel Trailers and is believed to be only one of five of its kind left in public possession. Other top sales included a 1969 Pontiac Trans Am Ram IV (Lot S114) that brought $180,000 and a 1989 Porsche 911 Speedster (Lot S93) that changed hands for $165,000.
Mecum Denver 2015 – Top Ten Auction Results (all sales reflect hammer prices):
1. 2012 Lamborghini Aventador (Lot S105.1) – $285,000
2. 1962 Western Pacific 40′ Airstream (Lot S109) – $200,000
3. 1969 Pontiac Trans Am Ram Air IV (Lot S114) – $180,000
4. 1989 Porsche 911 Speedster (Lot S93) – $165,000
5. 1957 Chevrolet Bel Air Hardtop (Lot S157) – $160,000
6. 1967 Shelby GT350 Fastback (Lot S115.1) – $150,000
7. 1966 Chevrolet Corvette Resto Mod (Lot S107) – $135,000
8. 1967 Porsche 911S Soft Window Targa (Lot S120.1) – $130,000
9. 1970 Pontiac GTO Judge (Lot S137) – $115,000
10. 1969 Oldsmobile Hurst/Olds (Lot S129) – $110,000
For complete auction results, visit Mecum.com.
Mecum’s next 2015 classic and collector car auction will be held July 30 – August 2 in Harrisburg, Pennsylvania, featuring 1,000 vehicles, 200 motorcycles, 200 tractors and more than 150 collectible signs and other Road Art items all to cross the block in just four days. Following Harrisburg, Mecum will host the Daytime Auction in Monterey, California, August 13-15 with 600 vehicles. For more details on an upcoming auction, to consign a vehicle or to register as a bidder, visit Mecum.com or call (262) 275-5050.
[Source: Mecum Auctions]