The Mecum Louisville 2016 auction was held September 8-10 at the Kentucky Exposition Center in Louisville, Kentucky, resulting in $13.4 million in total sales. Mecum Auctions’ debut Louisville event saw 440 vehicles hammering sold over the three-day auction.
Each morning, the tone of the auction was set with the help of the Kentucky Derby’s official bugler Steve Buttleman playing the National Anthem. The event was further enhanced by the Dodge Thrill Rides taking part on-site at the Kentucky Exposition Center as part of a multi-year sponsorship by the company.
Top sellers at the Mecum Louisville 2016 auction were a reflection of what the Mecum brand is best known for with the 10 highest sale prices achieved almost exclusively by American Muscle and Corvettes. A four-speed 1970 Chevrolet Chevelle LS6 convertible that hammered for $280,000 was the top result, followed by a 1970 Ford Mustang Boss 429 fastback at $255,000 and a 2005 Ford GT at $250,000. A 1962 Chevrolet Corvette Resto Mod promised the best of both worlds with vintage good looks and modern performance demanding a $200,000 sale price. Another notable sale was that of a four-speed 1970 Pontiac GTO Judge Convertible that gaveled for $132,500.
Mecum Louisville 2016 – Top 10 Auction Results (sales reflect hammer prices)
1. 1970 Chevrolet Chevelle LS6 Convertible (Lot S115) – $280,000
2. 1970 Ford Mustang Boss 429 Fastback (Lot S118) – $255,000
3. 2005 Ford GT (Lot S147) – $250,000
4. 1962 Chevrolet Corvette Resto Mod (Lot S125) – $200,000
5. 1989 Porsche 911 Speedster (Lot S121.1) – $145,000
6. 1968 Shelby GT500 Fastback (Lot S96) – $135,000
7. 1970 Pontiac GTO Judge Convertible (Lot S98.1) – $132,500
8. 1967 Shelby GT500 Fastback (Lot S96.1) – $112,500
9. 1961 Chevrolet Corvette Big Brake Fuelie (Lot S97) – $90,000
9. 1969 Shelby GT500 Fastback (Lot S159) – $90,000
For complete auction results, visit Mecum.com.
Mecum’s next 2016 classic and collector car auction will be a 1,000-car offering in Chicagoland at the Renaissance Schaumburg Convention Center, October 6-8, followed by another 1,000-car auction in Dallas, November 2-5. For more details on an upcoming auction, to consign a vehicle or to register as a bidder, visit Mecum.com or call (262) 275-5050.