The 2012 Rolex Monterey Motorsports Reunion will be held August 17-19 at Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca, again serving as one of the anchor events of Monterey Classic Car Week.
While the 2012 races will feature the Shelby Cobra in celebration of its 50th anniversary, a host of other classes will also be the focus of the historic races. New race groups for 2012 include 1974-1990 Stock Cars with disc brakes and Formula Atlantic from 1974-1980.
Owners and drivers of historically-significant race and sports cars may now submit their applications for the 2012 Rolex Monterey Motorsports Reunion. Approximately 550 cars will be accepted and each entry will be scrutinized for its historical significance and provenance, race history, authenticity and period correctness. Modifications that improve performance over its original specifications are not allowed.
Monterey Motorsports Reunion 2012 Race Groups
- Pre-1940 Sports and Touring cars
- 1927-1951 Racing cars
- 1974-1980 Formula Atlantic
- 1981-1989 FIA Mfg. Championship and IMSA GTP
- 1973-1982 IMSA, GT, GTX, AAGT, GTU/GTO
- 1962-1967 Shelby Cobra
- 1974-1990 Stock Cars with disc brakes
- 1955-1962 GT cars
- 1960-1968 Sports Racing USRRC
- 1963-1966 GT cars over 2500cc
- 1955-1961 Sports Racing cars under 2000cc
- 1958-1963 Formula Junior cars
- 1955-1961 Sports Racing cars over 2000cc
- 1947-1955 Sports Racing and GT cars
- 1961-1966 GT cars under 2500cc
- 1970-1979 Sports Racing cars under 2000cc
- 1966-1972 Trans-Am
Applicants may visit Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca to complete the form online or download it to submit by mail. Entry deadline is January 31, 2012.
For more information, visit www.MazdaRaceway.com or call 800-327-7322.
[Source: Monterey Motorsports Reunion; photo credit: Tim Scott / Fluid Images]