The new location allows for a more extensive display of brass, vintage, pre- and post-war specialty automobiles offered, as well as original automotive art and artifacts from several eras.
Early automobiles currently on display include a 1905 Renault town car originally owned by the Cooper Hewitt family of New York, a 1907 Fiat Targa Florio Corsa and a 1924 Lancia Lambda. Classic-era automobiles include a 1929 Packard 645 bodied by Rollston and exhibited as Packard’s 1929 New York Salon car, a 1929 Rolls-Royce Picadilly Roadster and a 1931 Cadillac V-16 with coachwork by Lancefield in London, one of the very few Cadillac V-16’s not bodied by General Motors’ Fleetwood Body division.
Significant post-war automobiles also on display include a 1954 Alfa Romeo 1900 C Speciale Coupe by Ghia and a 1955 Moretti 1200S, one of only two constructed and with interesting race history. An original 1956 Ford Crown Victory custom was built new by renowned American designer Brooks Stevens.
Original automotive art includes examples, some over 100 years old, by early automotive artists Montaud and Gamy and more contemporary artists Penny Havard and Nicola Wood. Classic radiator ornaments, badges and other items from Stutz, Packard, Pierce-Arrow and others are also offered.
Dragone is one of the longest established vintage car dealers in the U.S. and has participated in transactions involving some of the most significant automobiles in the world, including the transfer of the 1908 Vanderbilt Cup-winning Locomobile ‘Old 16’ from the estate of artist Peter Helck to The Henry Ford museum.
For more information, visit www.dragoneclassic.com.
Dragone Classic Motorcars – Additional Photos
[Source: Dragone Classic Motorcars]