Porsche Cars North America, Inc. is launching its own engine oil for air-cooled flat-four and flat-six Porsche engines. In collaboration with the Porsche Development Center in Weissach, Germany, the new Porsche Classic Motor Oil has been developed by the Porsche Classic experts to meet the lubrication requirements of all Porsche air-cooled engines. The sports car manufacturer made the transition to liquid-cooled engines in the 911 model line in 1998.
Porsche Classic Motor Oil comes in two different versions:
- 20W-50 for all 356, 914, and 911 models up to the 2.7-liter G-model
- 10W-60 for flat-six engines of 3.0 liters and larger
According to Porsche Cars North America, Inc., the Porsche Classic Motor Oil offers the following benefits:
- Specially developed for Porsche air-cooled engines
- Tested in the lab and on the road by Porsche AG
- Compatibility with the alloys and sealing materials used in the air-cooled engines
- Excellent high temperature resilience and shear stability
- Optimum protection against wear and corrosion provided by zinc and phosphorus
- Engineered by Porsche
Porsche Classic Motor Oil is available now exclusively through authorized Porsche dealers. For more information, visit Porsche Classic Motor Oil.
[Source: Porsche NA]