The Russo and Steele Monterey 2014 Auction will be held August 14-16 nearby Fisherman’s Wharf on the waterfront in downtown Monterey, California. The 14th annual Russo and Steele Monterey sale will see more than 300 cars cross the block in Russo’s ‘Auction in the Round’ format.
The headline entries at the 2014 Russo and Steele Monterey sale include a 1958 Mercedes-Benz 300SL Roadster; 1956 Mercedes-Benz 300SL Gullwing; 1964 Shelby King Cobra; 1972 Ferrari 365 GTB/4 Daytona; 1968 Eagle Indy Car; pair of 1984 Mazda Lola T 616 Prototypes; 2006 Ford GT and 1958 Fiat Abarth 750 Double Bubble; among others.
Among the featured entries at the 2014 Russo and Steele Monterey Auction:
- 1958 Mercedes-Benz 300 SL Roadster, One of 324 produced in 1958, Finished in Medium Blue over blue leather, over 25 years of single ownership in California, restoration completed in 2007, documented in the 300 SL Registry
- 1956 Mercedes-Benz 300 SL Gullwing Coupe, One of 311 examples in 1956, complete with Rudge wheels and fitted luggage.
- 1964 Shelby King Cobra, CM/5/64, driven by Bob Bondurant at the 1964 LA Times Grand Prix and at Laguna Seca
- 1968 Eagle Indy Car, Offy-powered Eagle built in 1968 by Dan Gurney’s All American Racers team owner Lindsey Hopkins, driven by Roger McCluskey at the 1968 Indianapolis 500, qualified 7th and ran as high as 2nd before McCluskey was forced to retire from the race, restored to original specification and livery
- 1984 Lola-Mazda T616 Group C sports racers, Car 68, (Chassis T616 HU-2), scored a class win and 10th overall at Le Mans, Car 67 (Chassis T616 HU-3), won its class at the Monza 1,000-kilometer enduro and finished third in class and 12th overall at the 1984 Le Mans, restored by Jim Busby and Rick Knoop, both of whom co-drove the cars in period
The Russo and Steele Monterey Auction 2014 will be staged August 14-16 on the waterfront in Monterey, a change instituted two years ago. The new location is still in downtown Monterey, now adjacent to the Fisherman’s Wharf on Del Monte Avenue and Figueroa Street. The auction preview will be held August 13th through 16th, with the auction taking place Thursday, August 14th through Saturday, August 16th at 5:00pm each evening. General admission tickets are $20 per day or $55 for a three-day pass. Bidder registration is $150 and includes admission for two to the preview and auction.
For additional information, visit www.russoandsteele.com.
[Source: Russo and Steele]