The Mullin Automotive Museum will celebrate the life and work of designer Gabriel Voisin (1880 – 1973) with an exhibit of 16 Voisin automobiles and motorcycles. The display is scheduled to open November 8th, 2012 at the museum in Oxnard, California.
After nearly a decade-long effort, the Mullin Automotive Museum has assembled the world’s largest collection of Voisin automobiles ever to be displayed. The collection features 16 of the most stunning Voisins in existence, which include but are not limited to the 1934 Voisin C-25 Aerodyne, 1934 Voisin C-27 Grand Sport Cabriolet and 1939 Voisin C-30 S Coupe. The 1934 Voisin C-25 Aerodyne has achieved one of the highest honors for an automobile, the “Best of Show” title at the Pebble Beach Concours d’Elegance (2011). The 1934 Voisin C-27 Grand Sport Cabriolet stands as one of the most expensive vehicles of the era, purchased by the Shah of Persia for 20,300 Francs after he encountered the car at the 1934 Madrid Auto Salon. The 1939 Voisin C-30 S Coupe (Chassis No. 60026) was the final automobile created by Gabriel Voisin before Avions Voisin forever ceased automobile production in 1939.
The full list of Voisin vehicles to be showcased in the Gabriel Voisin exhibit at the Mullin Automotive Museum is as follows:
- 1934 Voisin C-25 Aerodyne 2011 Pebble Beach Concours d’Elegance “Best of Show”
- 1934 Voisin C-27 Grand Sport Cabriolet Displayed at 1934 Madrid Auto Salon, Originally owned by the Shah of Persia
- 1939 Voisin C-30 S Coupe Chassis No. 60026, The final automobile produced by Avions Voisin
- 1936 Voisin C-28 Clairiere Berline Formerly owned by Gabriel Voisin, One of two surviving examples
- 1922 Voisin C-3 Strasbourg Grand Prix Winner of the 1922 Grand Prix de Tourisme
- 1938 Voisin C-30 Cabriolet Dubos Displayed at 1938 Paris Salon
- 1936-2004 Voisin C-28 replica Driven by Matthew McConaughey and Penelope Cruz in “Sahara” (2005)
- 1923 Voisin C-6 Laboratoire recreation
- 1934 Voisin C-27 Aerosport
- 1919 Voisin C-1 Limousine
- 1923 Voisin C-3 Berline
- 1926 Voisin C-7 Lumineuse
- 1928 Voisin C-14
- 1928 Voisin C-11 Lumineuse Torpedo
- 1952 Voisin C-31 Biscouter
- 1951 Voisin Gnome et Rhone R4 motorcycle
“We have been tirelessly searching the globe to gather Gabriel Voisin’s finest work.” said Peter Mullin, founder of the Mullin Automotive Museum. “After years of research and the help of historians and private collectors, the Museum has finally amassed a collection truly representative of the visionary genius that was Voisin.”
The exhibit will also feature a breadth of other examples of Gabriel Voisin’s innovative work including rare footage of Voisin’s early flight experiments, a replica 1907 Voisin biplane and a working cutaway display of the Knight sleeve-valve engine used in Voisin automobiles.
For more information, visit www.mullinautomotivemuseum.com.
[Source: Mullin Automotive Museum]